September 13, 2016 – During the 8th Regular Session of the 20th City Council, Chairperson of the Committee on Tourism, Cultural Affairs, and Heritage, Councilor Lena Marie P. Juico detailed the success of the Philippine Councilors League (PCL) Week, celebrated from September 5 to 10, 2016 with the theme of “Your PCL: Giving Life, Meaning, and Substance to Local Autonomy and Decentralization of Powers”.
Highlights of the celebration include a photo exhibit, food bazaar, tree planting, medical-dental caravans, and an ukay-ukay for the benefit of the QC Drug Treatment and Rehabilitation Center- TAHANAN. The blessing of the Councilor’s Lounge located at the 4th floor of the Legislative Building culminated the PCL Week.
Also during the session, the council confirmed the appointments for the following coterminous positions:
- City Administrator: Aldrin C. Cuña
- Legal Officer: Christian B. Valencia
- Public Information Officer: Adolfo Ares P. Gutierrez
- Government Head III (Secretary of the Mayor): Tadeo M. Palma
- Government Department Head III (Department of Public Order and Safety): Elmo DG San Diego